All Vanuatu Airspace Is Controlled Airspace
ALL RPAS Operations (drone flights) in Vanuatu must operate under the Civil Aviation Authority Vanuatu Rules Part 101.
For Registration purposes there is no distinction between commercial use or recreational / personal use.
RPAS Registration consists of 2 separate registrations
- RPAS Operator registration (the person flying the drone) *16yrs Min
- the RPAS - Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (drone system)
All foreign drones and operators MUST Be Registered At Least 2 WEEKS Prior to arrival in Vanuatu and will be checked at Customs
- penalties apply for unregistered drones
* False or misleading information will invalidate your access to this site.
It is an offence under the CAAV Act to provide false information.
59. Communicating false information or failing to disclose information relevant to granting or holding of aviation document
(1) A person commits an offence if the person: by any means provides to the Director information relevant to the Director's exercise of powers under this Act knowing the information to be false; or being an applicant for an aviation document, fails without reasonable excuse to provide to the Director information known to the applicant which is relevant to the Director's exercise of powers under this Act; or being the holder of an aviation document, fails without reasonable excuse to provide to the Director information known tp the holder which is relevant to the condition specified in section 9(3).
(2) A person who commits an offence under subsection (1) is liable on conviction:
(a) in the case of an individual, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or a fine not exceeding VT 400,000; or
(b) in the case of a body corporate, to a fine not exceeding VT 2,000,000