All Vanuatu Airspace Is Controlled Airspace
ALL RPAS Operations (drone flights) in Vanuatu operate under the Civil Aviation Authority Vanuatu Rules Part 101.
- unless granted authorisation by the Director of Civil Aviation to conduct an Operation under Rules Part 102.
For Registration purposes there is no distinction between commercial use or recreational / personal use.
RPAS Registration consists of 2 separate registrations
- RPAS Operator registration (the person flying the drone)*
- the RPAS - Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (drone)
*Operator (16yrs Min).
* All foreign drones and operators MUST be Registered prior to arrival in Vanuatu and will be checked at Customs
- penalties apply for unregistered drones